How to Hire a DJ - Starry Nite Weddings Best Tips


This is a Simplified version of my Article on Hiring a DJ, to be found on my site, and all over the web (Dior is currently using it on their site, as are numerous Wedding Sites). Here are the important questions to ask...

1) First Question - WHO is playing my wedding? I want to talk to the guy (or girl) who will actually be at my Reception, spinning the Tunes, doing the Announcements. Can't tell me yet? I'm walking - I don't want a Cookie- Cutter Wedding. I want MY DJ toknow me, and I want to know him.

2) Since most of the people at the wedding are NOT 20 years old, please name for me 5 songs you usually play from each: the 50-60's, the 70's, the 80's, the 90's Dance. If he can't do it, walk. Your wedding will be Cookie-Cutter, all Top 40. Bonus Questions: Name all 4 Beatles, name3 Michael Jackson songs, Name 5 Top 40 songs (NOW songs), name 5 current country artists.

3) Do you get out on the floor to do my announcements, or do you hide behind the DJ Booth all night?

4) What do you do to get the crowd going? Answers: I change the music genre frequently until I figure out what everyone likes, I will use Line Dances (and lead them) if I need to, I will use propsif you asked forthem, I will take requests all night (otherwise How will I know what the crowd wants?), I will be there for the crowd, not just to kill the 5 Reception hours and leave! I will NOT act like an idiot and embarass you or anyone you love!

5) Why should I hire you?...I will get to know you before the wedding, and give you YOUR Wedding by planning with you. We will sit TOGETHER and plan a wonderful wedding - I'll make suggestions for fun activities, and I will take your song list and incorporate it. I will use my expertise to work with you. I will help you realize YOUR dream wedding, not mine.

1 comment:

  1. All these tips are worth considering dear and I am happy that you shared it here with us. Well, I am also looking to hire a nice DJ for my upcoming pre-wedding party at local DC wedding venues. Can you suggest me something helpful please?

    ReplyDelete

Please share your wedding experience and advice!