Using Props at the Reception

Should you use Props at the Reception?...

I go either way on Props at a Reception. Being a Ham, it's fun to get out there and join the crowd with Blow-up Guitars,
and I crack up when I see someone's Dad donning a Paisley Wig, but I also know that "Tacky" becomes the buzzword if it's not the right crowd. Also, I hate seeing all my Props gliding out the door at the end of the night.

So my Rule of Thumb on props is simple - If the Bride would like to try some - Wigs, Glasses, Boas, Air Guitars - we'll throw them out to a few of the rowdier dancers. When I was a kid we used to bring Hula-Hoops, but hopefully that has faded at weddings. If others are begging for more Party Paraphernaglia, let's do it! But it's ALWAYS based on the Bride's Preference - It's her Dream Day!

What scares brides are those idiot DJs that grab grandma and Force her to wear a stupid wig, or shove a microphone into Dad's mouth to sing Bohemian Rhapsody! A Great MC can judge the crowd accurately - Get them all Dancing first, then throw out the props. Also, Drinking helps!